Ducted Fan Engine

Peter Wales pjwales at magicnet.net
Fri Mar 1 15:50:34 GMT 1996

>How about a free-piston engine to drive the turbine directly?  Or, yet, a
>combustion chamber (a la a real gas turbine engine) to generate hot gas?
>
>- Just another wacked-out thought...

You call  that a whacked out thought? Try this.

As you have plenty of gasoline on board so why not use a gasoline motor. A
lawn mower engine or a weedwhacker would do nicely if geared up. It may not
make enough power so you might have to turbocharge it.

Which leads me to the final whacked out thought. Feed the exhaust from the
weedwhacker engine into the input of the turbo thus using it as a backup
boost generator. Connect the throttle of the weedwhacker to a servo
controlled by boost pressure to maintain a closed loop system. Now you have
full boost at idle.

Thats a proper weedwhacker idea

Peter Wales                    pjwales at magicnet.net
President Superchips Inc
Chairman Superchips Ltd        "Timing is everything"
Superchips home page with all the answers http://www.superchips.com