LO VS. HI

Sean McManus mcmansp2 at u.washington.edu
Fri Mar 1 19:48:29 GMT 1996

Mike:

If you want the "stuff" on injectors, pick up SAE Recommended Practice J1832.
According to this document, peak and holds open with about a one msec delay
and close with about a 1/2 ms delay.  Saturated injectors open with about
two ms delay and close with about a one ms delay.
Seems that saturated works well on most applications, peak and hold more
appropriate for engines with high specific output, say more than 100
hp/liter, where they need a lot of max flow but at the same time need good
control for very small pulse widths (ie idle, low load and rpm).

Sean McManus
University of Washington Formula SAE
Yamaha FZR 600 power