Optical Dist sensors

Gerald Luiz gfl at dilbert.hpl.hp.com
Mon Mar 4 10:18:58 GMT 1996

Actually, the 300ZX don't have a distributor...the disc is attached to
the end of a camshaft.  I didn't understand the comment about reading
the code to determine the cyl #.  They have the 360 slots as described.
Concentric with those, they have holes every 60 deg., since it runs
at cam speed and 6 cyl.  These inner slots alternate widths and
#1 (0 deg) is different from all the rest.  If anyone is interested,
I can post the manual page (not that much info except for the picture).

Gerald Luiz
gluiz at hpl.hp.com