Info on MBM27C1028 EPROM for Subaru SVX

Johnny allnight at everett.net
Thu Mar 7 16:09:58 GMT 1996

David M Parrish wrote:

> >  How about you find your local FUJITSU seller .. I'll bet ya he has a burner
> >  to program these .. and MAYBE even a few blanks ...
> >
> >  NEXT .. get the code read ... and disassembled ..
> >
> >  Now, even if you CANT get any more .. you can always just make a little
> >  daughterboard on a header and use it to translate a regular 27C1024 into
> >  a multiplexed arrangement ...
> >
> >  No biggie ... (this is where you EE types step in to help ;)
>
> Yeah, yeah. But with working full time, driving two hours a day,
> building an airplane, rewiring an engine and designing an engine
> mount, following the '332 project and some competitive shooting on
> weekends, who has time to hassle with an odd ball EPROM?

David, you could eliminate all but the "building an airplane" from the
above list and still not have enough time to screw around with an
oddball EPROM. Now you can see why I went with the aftermarket system to
get the prototype engine ready to fly, and then after that trying to do
my own EFI for it.

BTW, where are you in the building process now?

-j-