Copy of: CD Ignition SMPS?

Ryan A Erickson eric0019 at gold.tc.umn.edu
Sat Mar 9 23:28:46 GMT 1996

On 21 Feb 1996, George J. Murdoch wrote:

> From:	George J. Murdoch, 100517,2176
> TO:	DIY_EFI, INTERNET:coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> DATE:	22/02/96 12:45
>
> RE:	Copy of: CD Ignition SMPS?
>
> I am interested in building CD ignition for driving 1 H.T. coil per cylinder
> using small coils similar to that used on the SAAB 9000 DI 16V engine
> I would be interested to know if anyone has any info on building a switch mode
> P.S. for the above and any comments on CD ignition in general .
>
> Thanks
>
> George.

Go to your local Saab dealer and ask for the Saab Trionic ignition
management manual.  I bought it about 2 years ago for some research I did
for Honeywell on OBDII.  It was $50 US at that time.  I don't remember
the exact name of the manual so you'll need a helpful tech person.  It is
written for Saab technicians.

later,
Ryan