Help on 2.3 litre turbo motor

William Sarkozy mymove at serv01.net-link.net
Tue Mar 12 04:53:46 GMT 1996

Hello group,

My Thunderbird turbo-coupe starts at 35 psi fuel pressure and then jumps
abruptly to about 85-90 psi after about 5 seconds of running.  I presume
this is abnormal since the manual says 30-45 psi at idle.  Has anyone
witnessed a similar problem or have any suggestions?  I presume its a
problem with the pressure regulator mounted on the fuel rail, but could it
be (I don't know how) a clogged return line to the tank?

Any suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks......

      Bill