M68000 family processors

Robert Fridman fridman at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Wed Mar 13 17:27:36 GMT 1996

> Hello fellow tinkerers:
>
>   I am a recent graduate of Mechanical engineering from the University of
> Alberta, up here in Canada.  I was hoping to glean some information
> regarding m68k processors as EFI controllers.  Specifically, I am looking
> for information on sensor interface with the chip.  I am not familiar with
> specific sensor outputs ie) does an O2 sensor change a resistance value
> with changing AFR? or does it produce it's own voltage output? Is the
> output a linear relationship? How about knock sensors?, MAF sensors? etc.

You came to the right group;)

>    I understand Motorolla makes a chip, the M68332 which is specifically
> configred for EFI uses. Is this true?  I am proficient at M68k family
> assembly language, but I am not familiar with PAL's, PIA's PIC's and the
> like. Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction; FTP sites,
> books, web sites, personal experience etc.  Any info you could give me
> would be greatly appreciated.

There is more information onthe M68332 project at the M68332 home page
which can be access through the diy_efi www page at:
http://www.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~fridman/diy_efi.

BTW, if you need any 68020 chips sets (CPU,MMU,FPU), I have 4 sets for
sale.

	RF.

83 R100			DoD 749			Robert Fridman
84 320i						fridman at cpsc.ucalgary.ca