Alternate fuel EFI

Michael Fawke fawkacs at ozemail.com.au
Wed Mar 20 23:22:35 GMT 1996

At 08:13 PM 20/3/1996 +1000, you wrote:

>Michael,
>                 Tickfords (and/or Ford) DO NOT SELL the Biocom system. The
>system Tickfords sells
> is a normal mixer type deal. The people who took over Biocom (I can't
>remember their name) had to redesign the ECU that Injec did because it
>wasn't doing the job.
>Ford (Australia) have tested the system at various times and have given
>minor support.
>I am not trying to give you a hard time however you should get your facts
>right before broadcasting stuff that goes all over the world.
>
>                        regards,
>                                        Mark Boxsell
>                                        MRB Design.

O.K., we all bow to your greater knowlege....

I saw a TV presentation on this system which I am sure was produced by Ford
(the TV presentaion that is). Duncan, a friend of mine, is a close friend
of the guy who developed the Inject Box (he only built it to run his Sports
Sedan Corolla, so no prizes for complexity. The original development unit
is now fitted to Duncan's Corolla). I was talking to Duncan about the direct
LPG injection and he told me how Inject were the ones who developed the
box for it. No mention of Biocom. When Ford started fitting LPG through
Tickfords, I assumed this was the direct injection system, because I am
sure that the original TV bit mentioned Tickfords. O.K., I was wrong.

BTW, a woman I work with had her Fairlane converted to this system last
year (from her description of what they fitted), and one of the 'petrol
head' magazines did an article about six months ago on converting to this
system and showed pictures of all the steps involved in fitting it.
Michael Fawke
fawkacs at ozemail.com.au