BMW 323 Injection

WERNER_HAUSSMANN at HP-Loveland-om2.om.hp.com WERNER_HAUSSMANN at HP-Loveland-om2.om.hp.com
Thu Mar 21 14:44:35 GMT 1996

Hi Sandy

One of the features of the L-Jetronic EFIs is that if the rpm are higher
than 1500 when the trottle is closed (idle) then the fuel is cut off.

This presents a problem if the idle is set too high. If the idle is set too
high, the engine will rev up to about 1500, cut out, and then come back on
at about 500-600 rpm.  This will keep up all day until the trottle is
opened slightly.

This is especially annoying when trying to get started with a manual
transmission.  If you engage the clutch as the fuel is cut out, the engine
dies.

...this is only one of many possibilities or course....but it's worth a try

Werner