thermal effects of combustion chamber

Frank Parker fparker at umich.edu
Thu Mar 21 17:55:06 GMT 1996

> inadequate coolant circulation in the heads be the cause? If heads have hot
> spots
> does anybody with an oz or two more IQ than me have any suggestions as to
> how to eleviate the problem? Yes I have thought of making like a canibal and
> drilling out
> the coolant holes in the bottom of the headgasket, but this seems just a
> little to
> close to neanderthal for me even. I would like to modify the cooling somehow
> so that
> it could take a 30 minute full throttle blast.(without nitrous)

What is your timing on cad?? Probably way too aggressive. Do you have
any sort of boost retard?? Best would be to replace stock ign with J&S
knock retard system which is closed loop and usues Bosch sensor with DSP
electronics to retard is hears knock. I use on turbo vtec engine @ 9.25
c/r with 8psi intercooled without any ping.
Yes, alum heads help alot.