Injectors

ducharme at eiss1.psf.ge.com ducharme at eiss1.psf.ge.com
Mon Mar 25 13:42:48 GMT 1996

Does anyone have any flow rate information on various injectors (by part #,
make/model/engine application)  it doesn't appear to be the kind of thing
available at the local auto parts store.

The EFI Briggs & Stratton LIVES!  I fired it up on EFI last night under manual
control of the pulse width, and ran it for about 10 minutes.  The MC68HC11 and
signal conditioning circuits are funtioning properly.  I'm a happy guy.

It does appear that another injector might be more appropriate, as the one
installed now is far too big flowwise.  As it is, I'm only running about 10 PSI
and the pulse widths are down in the 3-6 ms range.  The strange thing about the
injector is that the nozzle is plastic with a large (approximately .080"
diameter) straight orifice, and squirts a collinear stream, not a spray...

I've considered reworking the orifice to reduce flow/generate a conical spray.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cliff Ducharme