LPG injection

gtk110 at psu.edu gtk110 at psu.edu
Mon Mar 25 17:30:09 GMT 1996

>A couple of you have mentioned that when propane (lpg) is injected into
>the manifold, the manifold soon freezes. What about circulating engine
>coolant around the base of the manifold where the injectors are mounted?
>i.e. possibly by running another line from coolant system, in a similar
>way a car's interior heater works, or having another water system which
>runs across the exhaust, pumped by an electric pump, temperature regulated
>by pump speed, fan, etc. The latter system i was thinking of using for a
>hot water demisting system for when the going gets cold.

Just by reading this over, I like the idea of using the exhaust to warm the
injectors, but i would not use water due to the localized boiling that may
occur at the interface of the water/metal exhaust barrier. There would also
be a great amount of pressure generated with plain water....I wonder if some
type of oil would be any better.  You could also impliment some type of
thermostat to ensure that the injectors did not become too hot....Just some
thoughts...any ideas anyone?
                                        Gannon gtk110 at email.psu.edu