Injectors

Jim Staff staffj at freenet.msp.mn.us
Tue Mar 26 21:47:15 GMT 1996

> and the pulse widths are down in the 3-6 ms range.  The strange thing about
> the
> injector is that the nozzle is plastic with a large (approximately .080"
> diameter) straight orifice, and squirts a collinear stream, not a spray...
>
> I've considered reworking the orifice to reduce flow/generate a conical
> spray.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions?
>

> Cliff Ducharme

     It would be cool if you could send those schematics to me! (I've got mine
done for the PC card) I've had injector problems. I've had problems just getting
one, that works. I did however hook up an injector that ran like a carb, it was
effected by the engine speed. So it sucked, but anyway it worked ok.
     It was similar to the one you described, if it's jet black, has a plastic
face and fires a stream instead of a conic mist, it's most likely similar to the
one I got off an ford, but unfortunatly I had an accident. I had it in the dyno
(Which no longer works) I got up to 4.7 hp on my 3.0hp briggs when the
improvised carb with port injector exploded.

      Back to the real topic, there are injectors that are rated for 15.8lbs/hr,
that means a 17% duty cycle for a 3.5 hp @ 400 rpm. They are Lucas parts #
5208006 If you find a place that sells them tell me I can't find a local place
that carries them. (There are only 3 local, and 1 other place I looked at.)
Check out bowlings engine page to get information of injector sizing.

      BTW : Did you ever find Volumetric efficiency curves for these engines??
If not I'll just run the system with dynamic correction (Which is a bitch).