EFI for Bosch mech. injection

Ric Rainbolt ricrain at airmail.net
Thu Mar 28 03:09:36 GMT 1996

>Does anybody have any info on adapting the late-'60s Bosch mechanical
>injection
>to EFI? I understand it has been done in Germany.

I understand that the later Bosch mechanical systems had closed loop
operation utilizing an O2 sensor and a "fuel frequency" valve.  This valves
duty cycle was varied by an analog circuit to achieve the desired level of
enrichment.  At some throttle level, the closed loop is defeated and the
system returns to the preset levels prescibed by the air mass plate.

Hope this helps,
Ric Rainbolt
ricrain at airmail.net