Multi Spark Ignition...

Jim Staff staffj at freenet.msp.mn.us
Thu Mar 28 09:35:11 GMT 1996

> I really doubt that kind of improvement from an engine from a
> relatively modern vehicle. What year? What engine? And most
> importantly, what was the base ignition system that was costing them
> 40% power? I assume this is peak power. What about torque readings
> across the rest of the rpm range? What kind of condition was the rest
> of the engine in? I changed plug wires and picked up more than
> that, but my wires were in really old and in bad shape(I'm a
> cheapskate, see? Also a skeptic:)

   This is what I know about the engine, it was made in the early 80's, and is
used in racing. The multi-spark ignition the vehicle isn't industry made it DIY.
That was why I was fondering if making it switch very quickly (On the order of
500-750ns) would contribute to my power. At that speed I could have multi spark
at any RPM. My application only goes to 4K anyway.
   The main point of my first post was whether or not this is a good idea, and
would it improve my efficiency?

     Jim Staff