FPGA/CPLD software

SRavet at bangate.compaq.com SRavet at bangate.compaq.com
Wed May 8 20:45:57 GMT 1996

I posted a note last week about the Lattice and Cypress PLD software.  I am
this close  ---->  <-----  to buying the Cypress VHDL compiler, when I get
it I'll tell everyone what I think of it.

Someone had questioned whether the Cypress $99 software included FPGA
support, I have the answer to that.  Right now there are two packages.
CY3121 (Warp2) for PLDs and CPLDs, includes vhdl compiler, functional
simulator, etc.  It costs $99.  CY3120 (Warp2+) is similar, but has the
place and route stuff to do FPGAs. It costs $995.  Real Soon Now (May 17)
the new version of Warp 2 comes out (4.0), which includes PLDs, CPLDs, and
FPGAs, except it won't do timing analysis on FPGAs.  It has timing models
that other tools can use, but it won't do the analysis itself.  This will
be available for $99.  It's strictly VHDL, which means no schematic
capture, etc.

Steve Ravet
sravet at bangate.compaq.com
Baby you're a genius when it comes to cooking up some chili sauce...