MAF sensors

Bruno! u933234 at student.canberra.edu.au
Thu May 9 15:05:13 GMT 1996

On Thu, 9 May 1996, Mark Pitts wrote:

> Anybody interested in playing with an ultrasonic, dop shift MAF sensor?

What about hacking one together? I just happened to do a bit of reading
into mass flow, and the idea behind these is quite simple, like as you
said, working on the doppler shift. it looks something like below.

                 \tx1\rx2\
==================         =================

------> air flow

                           \rx1\tx2\

one sound wave is opposed by the flow (pair #2), reducing speed in moving
air, while the other is assisted (pair #1).

you should be able to find quite a few journal articles, books, under the
subjects: anemomtery, gas flow, flow measurement, etc.

		Bruno.  (u933234 at student.canberra.edu.au)

    "A sewer rat might taste like pumpkin pie, but I wouldn't know cos I
                    don't eat the filthy muthaf***a"