SDS EFI

Cal Smith cal at Rt66.com
Tue May 14 03:03:46 GMT 1996

>I received the brochure on the EM-1 and other systems from SDS, but I still
>can't figure out whether they can be applied to my mechanical CIS system.
>Specifically, it doesn't say what kind of throttle/manifold the SDS systems are
>adaptable to (except Mazda Rotary, which still covers a lot of territory). They
>did not send an installation/setup manual.
>
>Should I ask for more detailed literature, or what?

        Yes, ask for the install manual and aything else they can send. In
regards to the first point, they sell a throttle-position switch which is
attached to whatever throttle body/assembly you use to provide the throttle
position input. You can also use a three-wire throttle-position sensor
which is OEM on many late model imports, provided you hook up the sensor
correctly to the harness.
        As to whether they can work with your CIS system, why don't you ask
one of their techs while you have them on the phone? They can probably give
you feedback you wouldn't otherwise get; even from reading the nonetheless
informative installation instructions.

Cal Smith