EFI instead of CIS

Graydon D. Stuckey graydon at apollo.gmi.edu
Tue May 14 13:11:55 GMT 1996

On Mon, 13 May 1996, Cal Smith wrote:

> >I received the brochure on the EM-1 and other systems from SDS, but I still
> >can't figure out whether they can be applied to my mechanical CIS system.
> >Specifically, it doesn't say what kind of throttle/manifold the SDS systems are

The CIS injection system uses mechanical injectors that flow continuously
once they get up to a certain pressure.  These are not usable with an EFI
system sat all.  However, you can install electronic injectors in a
CIS-equipped head quite easily.  I've done it on a VW 2.0 2-valve
engine.  It ran VERY well with EFI.  Much better than the CIS.  I am
about to start on this exact same swap on my Audi 5000 Turbo Quattro
soon.  I can't stand the CIS system.

Later,
Graydon D. Stuckey
graydon at apollo.gmi.edu
Flint, Michigan   USA
'86 Audi 5000 CS Turbo Quattro, GDS Racing Stage II