a/f ratio with LPG

Seth Allen n9540517 at henson.cc.wwu.edu
Fri May 17 15:05:32 GMT 1996

On Thu, 16 May 1996, Bruno! wrote:

> Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 13:31:57 +1000 (EST)
> From: Bruno! <u933234 at student.canberra.edu.au>
> To: diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: a/f ratio with LPG
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to use a normal (i.e petrol) O2 sensor
> when running a car on LPG, as opposed to unleaded fuel.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> 		Bruno.  (u933234 at student.canberra.edu.au)
>
>     "A sewer rat might taste like pumpkin pie, but I wouldn't know cos I
>                     don't eat the filthy muthaf***a"

Well, how well do you want it to work.  The real answer is no. We
generally buy the correct O2 sensor.  Usually a gasoline sensor causes
the gaseous fueled cars to lean. Like 20 percent. A correction circuit
can be thrown in, but it is probably easier in the end to get the right
sender.  That's my experience and opinion.

--Seth Allen
WWU Vehicle Research Institute