DIY_EFI Digest V1 #146

talltom talltom at teleport.com
Wed May 22 02:20:49 GMT 1996

>From: "George M. Dailey" <gmd at tecinfo.com>
>Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 20:12:49 -0500
>Subject: normaly asperated efi to turbo efi
>
>Does any body know how much trouble it would be, to take a '85 3.8l GM V6
>with it's cute port fuel injection set up, and turbo it??

It would seem to me that one of the questions that should be asked is will it
live if I do? From what I understand about 3.8l (former GM line mechanic that
has rebuilt plenty of them) it took the factory to shake the bugs out of them,
and barely held up by themselves, much less turbocharged. I'd consider a
bicycle first.