Radio Shack Oscilloscope Probe

Darrell Norquay dnorquay at iul-ccs.com
Tue Nov 5 04:55:12 GMT 1996

At 10:10 AM 11/4/96 -0800, Jason (and others) wrote:

>Is there a better scope I could put my $100 into?  ($150 is my limit.
>I'll pay a little more if it doesn't say "Tandy")
>
>Or is this scope truly a good deal?
>Maybe I should get over my Radio Crack bigotry.

There is another nifty unit I've seen.  I have the same heebie-jeebies about
Radio Scrap as everyone else.  Anyway, the unit is called the O-Scope I, it
costs US169.95, and seems like a really great little device.  It is a
storage scope, spectrum analyzer, frequency counter, AND DVM, it's frequency
range is DC to 50Khz (it wouldn't be good for uP's or most digital, but OK
for audio and anything you'd find in an engine bay).  It hooks up to the
parallel port on a PC, and comes with software.  I believe they have also
recently come out with the O-Scope II, which does even more fancy stuff.
The company is:

Allison Technology Corp.
8343 Carvel
Houston TX 77036