Question...Timing of fuel delivery

Carl Haas ch6 at pgstumail.pg.cc.md.us
Tue Nov 5 07:19:22 GMT 1996

Thanks for the follow up

>From your post, It appears that the timing of the fuel delivery is not
all that critical.  Is sequential FI then all hype?  What do
money-is-no-object race teams use?  Anyway, if this is the case, what do
you think of PWM controlled FI? This would only require an input
proportional to RPM, and would not require crank or cam sensors.  This
would make my project a lot easier.

You mentioned you were building a FI for your harley.  Have you thought
of separating the intake runners?  Harley got a lot more torque and a
smoother idle by doing this with the Road King.

As far as complexity, I do not have anything nailed down yet.  If what
you say about the timing is true for my application, I may go the mapped
route with just a TPS and RPM input along with numerous analog inputs
wired to pots to "jet" the FI.  My current plans are to use a Yamaha
FJ1100(inline 4) as a test mule.  Future plans include a small block
chevy if all goes well.

Thanks for the input

Carl Haas