Need help with Mazda EFI.

Tuck sldbrass at infi.net
Fri Nov 8 04:10:56 GMT 1996

At 19:06 11/7/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Fouled/flooded plugs may not fire a timing light.
>Either change them or try setting a plug(still connected) on the engine and
>watch for spark.

The plugs are fine.  Not only do they have only about 2000 miles on them,
and I rarely drive at less than full power so deposits get burned off, but
I've checked them to see if they are relatively clean, and I also kinda
discount the idea that all four would die at once.  I also tried slightly
disconnecting the wires one at a time to see if the coil would arc to the
wire (which I saw it do once when I didn't get one of the trailing wire on
correctly) and it wouldn't even do that.

 I am quite sure that the ignition circuitry is dead, so I'm going to get
another computer to try, and see if I can fix my old one in my spare time
just to learn more about it.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions folks, and I'll be sure to post a
good detailed message if I ever manage to fix the old one.

FWIW, if you have one of these cars and are having an idle control problem,
take a look at T801 on the main board, it eventually degrades from the heat
and then idle load compensation no longer functions correctly.

Justin "Tuck" Cordesman
SOLID BRASS-> I've been set on fire for Sally Field, Gone fast with a girl
named Bo...

Let the Ass Kicking Commence.