2 Stroke Injection

Mike Grace mgrace at toyon.com
Fri Nov 8 18:47:16 GMT 1996

Chris Wilson wrote:

"Problems that arise on the theoretical level are passing an oil / fuel mix
(viscosity?) through a standard injector, and monitoring an oily exhaust with
a lamda sensor."

Check out the new Bimota BB500 with the revolutionary BMW 500cc
direct-injection 2-stroke engine.  Sport Rider mag. quoted engineers as
saying it's as clean as a 4-stroke (as in it will pass CA M/C emissions!).
I seem to remember it uses reed valve induction.  I wonder how they keep the
oil in the case?

On a related note: What's up with Orbital Engine's direct 2-stroke injection?

Mike Grace
Santa Barbara, CA