O2 Sensor Open/Close Loop

tom cloud cloud at hagar.ph.utexas.edu
Sat Nov 9 01:14:09 GMT 1996

>Would it not be advantageous for the ECM to be in closed loop mode if
>the O2 voltage vs. A/F was linear and the ECM regulated the A/F ratio at
>WOT to 13:1 ish?

yeah, but it isn't and it won't

>How do the OEM or aftermarket ECMs calculate/measurem what the WOT
>injector pulse width should be for peak power?

I don't know for sure, but some calculation has to be made (is
it basically in speed-density mode ??? at WOT ???)  Clearly, if
it's already speed-density, then it just goes with whatever calcs
or maps are set up for it.  If it's MAF, then I guess it just has
a little more data (i.e. not EGO) to use to calc actual fuel
requirements.

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>