What is the story with Synth-Oil

Dan J. Declerck declrckd at cig.mot.com
Mon Nov 11 15:05:22 GMT 1996

On Nov 10, 10:40pm, Dimos Katsis wrote:
> Subject: What is the story with Synth-Oil
> I am interested in any opinions on the pros and cons of using synthetic
> oil instead of regular crude. I know that this is not the Car-Talk radio
> show but it would be interesting to see what fellow engineers think.
>
> Thanks
> Dimos K.
>
>-- End of excerpt from Dimos Katsis

This is way off the subject, but:

I use synthetics in severe service conditions. During winter, I run Mobil 1
10w30 in my 5.0L Ford Engine. It makes the car MUCH easier to start when the
temp drops below zero.

I also use synthetics in motorcycles, since the engine and transmission
use the same oil. Mobil 1 lasts twice as long as the organic equivalents.
My Kawasaki Ninja can take organic oil and turn it into something similar to
water in less than 1000 miles. Synthetics usually last 2K miles.

-Dan

--
=> Dan DeClerck                        | EMAIL: declrckd at cig.mot.com      <=
=> Motorola Cellular CSD               |                                  <=