Intel 8061 :: EEC-IV

tom cloud cloud at hagar.ph.utexas.edu
Tue Nov 12 22:04:05 GMT 1996

Travis, I removed your name from the EEC-IV list as your address was
hanging my mail transmission -- are you still there?

= = = = = = = = = = = = TO EEC-IV LIST = = = = = = = = = = = =

"Keven D. Coates" <keven at ti.com> wrote:

>Tom,
>
>I am very interested in being on this list.  I may be able to add some good
>information.  I have  a BS in EET (electrical engineering technology, like EE)
>and I have been studying fuel injection for years.  I am an Aggie, but I won't
>hold your school against you ;-)
>
>I also work at Texas Instruments, and we are one supplier for the memory for
>the next generation Ford engine controller, PTEC.  I used to work in the
>division that made it.
>
>I am interested in building my own fuel injection someday, if I ever get the
>time.  It would be based on a Texas Instruments Digital Signal Processor EVM
>board, which is very fast, and cheap ($99).  Unfortunately, the interface
>electronics would be the major cost and time taker.
>
>Anyway, please add me to your list of interested EEC-IV people.  Thanks.
>
>Best Regards,
>Keven Coates
>DSP modem group
>Texas Instruments

Kevin,

Consider yourself added -- someone was going to set up a list, but
looks like there may not be enough people interested to sustain it.
The EEC-IV modification thread seems to wax and wane (mostly wane)
a lot.  Clearly, I'm looking for someone else to do all the work and
tell me what they found out (if I had the time, I certainly have the
equipment to do it).  My attitude is the EEC-IV has all the hardware,
now all we have to do is the software (growing on what is already
there) -- and maybe some additional hardware.

Someone want to donate an EEC-IV to me to set up on my bench?  I know
there's some out there who have -- wanna share what you found with
the rest of us?  Most important thing is the op-codes for the
processor ??

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>