O2 sensor

Todd King Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com
Thu Nov 14 20:23:25 GMT 1996

  <<<From: cloud at hagar.ph.utexas.edu (tom cloud) Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 07:25:01
  -0600 Subject: Re: O2 Sensor Open/Close Loop
  into the measurement.  Now, Todd K. says that he regularly uses the EGO to
  help him tune his vehicles (that is what you said, isn't it, Todd?), and I
  faithfully watch the digital readout from mine when

  I think you mean me (King vs Knighton). Not just myself but many people pay
  attention to the O2 when performance tuning. Note that we are not saying "I
  set my WOT A/F to 12.z by adjusting until the O2 reads xx mv; we are saying
  "my car runs quickest when the WOT O2 range reads xx mv; thus when I make a
  change I'll adjust until I see that xx mv range at WOT again." So the use of
  the O2 sensor off stoich may not be good for an absolute A/F setting but OK
  for comparable settings.

  Todd  Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com