Lambda Sensors....

Stephen Lamb lambs at HOTBLK.dsto.defence.gov.au
Thu Nov 14 23:58:17 GMT 1996

>Hey,  It seems a lot of us are considering FI for motorcycles.  I happen
>to have a spare set of carbs for my FJ1100 that I plan to use for
>"throttle bodies".  I inted to keep the CV slide and diaphragm for good
>velocity, and plan to mount the injectors (TBD) to the underside after
>removing float bowls, drilling, tapping, and whatever else...
>
>Assuming you can find a set of used carbs, Using an OEM set of carbs for
>the "throttle bodies" will make it easy to synchronize the carbs, and
>probably save a good bit of time and money.

Another option may be to get a set of throttle bodies from a wrecked FI
motorcycle.  A few of examples spring to mind - early 80's GPZ1100, Z1300
or Z750 Turbo.  Probably not as cheap as the carby idea tho'.  Should be
able to get a suitable fuel pump, etc. from same.

Cheers

Stephen Lamb
Dept. of Defence DSTO, AMRL
506 Lorimer Street