injector size rule of thumb

Todd King Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com
Sun Nov 17 03:29:47 GMT 1996

  <<<   From: SRavet at bangate.compaq.com
  Date: Fri, 15 Nov 96 15:37:29 CST
  Subject: re: Re: throttle bodies for bikes
  Divide by 10 maybe?  Late eighties vettes used 24lb/hr injectors to make ~250
  hp.  Just how big would a 300lb/hr injector be?  And what kind of pump could
  keep up with that?...

  No, divide by two. I assumed it was pretty obvious that I'm referring to total
  fuel flow, which gives a general result that is useful for engines with any
  number of cylinders, not just 8. For individual injector size just divide by
  the number of cylinders. In my case I have 50 lb'ers X 6 for the 300 lb/hr I
  quoted in the example. Apologies for any confusion.

  Todd  Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com