Air Flow Measurement

Anthony Tsakiris atsakiri at ford.com
Tue Nov 19 20:39:13 GMT 1996

>You still need a measure of density to determine mass flow rate, even
>if you know the

Sorry about the incomplete message.  Let me try once more.

Knowing velocity and area allows the determination of
volumetric flow rate.  (This assumes the velocity
measurement adequately represents the real velocity
profile over the entire flow area.)  Density must still
be known to determine mass flow rate.

Density can be determined if barometric pressure and
temperature are know.  At this point though, is it any
less of a hassle than a MAF sensor?

(Again, sorry for the lack of context.  I'm completely
underwhelmed by Microsoft Exchanges abilities.)

Anthony Tsakiris