Lambda Readings

Mazda Ebrahimi kleenair at ix.netcom.com
Tue Nov 19 23:21:04 GMT 1996

Doug Robson wrote:

> Hi All
> is the relationship between lambda and A/F always 14.7 or is there some
> sort of relationship, because on the weekend i adjusted the fuel table
> in my race car down fro L.95 to L.9 and it felt like a 10% power drop
>
> ??
>
> also does the 4 wire Heated ($350) sensor do the temp correction or does
> the ecu do it

14.7 only produces good power if you have excellent air / fuel mixing.  As others have
commented, theoredically you should get more power going slightly rich, because the
vaporization of the extra gasoline should cool the charge down.  Here are a couple of
questions that come to mind:
	Does the system currently run open loop?  If so, when you have A/F set to 14.7,
have you verified stoichiometric operation by monitoring an O2 sensor or CO reading?
Maybe the problem is that in case of the open loop system there is an inherent error in
the air mass calculation.

	How sure are you about your A/F cylinder to cylinder?