Lambda Readings

Frank Parker fparker at umich.edu
Wed Nov 20 13:00:57 GMT 1996

> > Depends on what sensor you are talking about. The Bosch LSM-11 when used
> > with a Motec cpu can control wot rich a/f ratios. The temp correction
> > is in the Motec cal when you get that option. No other fi cpu I know of
> > can do this.
> >
> > Frank Parker
> thanks frank
> but how does the motec cpu know the exhaust temp to make the alteration

The internal resistance of the sensor varies with temp and thus if you
measure the internal resistance of the sensor( possibly with current to
voltage conver), you can thus infer the temperature and thus correct for it
either by using a 3 dimensional table or to use less memory, you can define
the O2 sensor curve using a fairly simple math function, then use
temperature as an offset factor to then pick the correct a/f ratio point.

Frank Parker