Air Flow Measurement

tom cloud cloud at hagar.ph.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 21 01:06:53 GMT 1996

        [ snip'a'lot ]

>You are very correct about the definitive MAP reading part.  I have access
to the logic
>of a natural gas fuel injection system, and they use an averaging scheme to
dampen the
>MAP sensor input!  I wouldn't be surprised if other do the same to
stabilize the MAP
>signal.

So, would one route a small line from each runner to a central 'orange juice
can' (a la Ford) or some other 'integrating' device?  Clearly, the time
constant would be a consideration (too big a canister, too slow response).
Maybe just the time constant of the lines going to a central collector might
be enough averaging to give reasonable MAP.

Anyway, thanks for discussing this with me.

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>