Air Flow Measurement

Mazda Ebrahimi kleenair at ix.netcom.com
Thu Nov 21 20:58:42 GMT 1996

Phil Dorman wrote:

> tom cloud wrote:
> > If you know BAP and MAP, you know delta-P across opening -- granted,
> > the opening size varies with throttle position, but you've got TPS
> > for that -- seems that air flow could be rather accurately determined
> > without much hassle?????
>
> Wow ! That might all be very well But !
> What the hell are BAP and MAP and delta-P and TPS ???
> Are they all TLAs ??
> Is there (or should there be) an FAQ ?
> --
> Phil (Mig Pilot)
> Convenor-Motorcycle Modifiers Register of Australia at
> http://users.hunterlink.net.au/~ddped/mcmodrau.htm
> Member-Russian Motorcycle Owner's Association at
> http://users.hunterlink.net.au/~ddped/rmoa/index.htmlHi Phil,
I think everyone got tired of spelling everything out, so if you just
joined, it looks like a military hand book.  Here are some of the common
ones off the top of my head:
	TPS:  Throttle Position Sensor
	MAP:  Manifold Absolute Pressure
	MAF:  Mass Air Flow sensor
	BAP:  Barometric Absolute Pressure
	CLT or ECT: Engine Coolant Temperature
	IAT:  Intake Air Temp.
	O2:  Exhaust Oxygen Sensor
	HEGO:  Heated O2 sensor
	ECU:	Electronic Control Unit
	EEC:	Electronic engine controller (Ford)

It is a good idea to compile a list new people can access.  I just
joined a couple of weeks ago.  Maybe there is one somewhere.  Anyone
care to comment?