Air Flow Measurement

Laura & Neil Powell neilaura at ix.netcom.com
Fri Nov 22 16:00:25 GMT 1996

You wrote:

>        [ snip ]
>
>>>Sure seems a lot better than using MAP and some magical 'volmetric
>>>efficiency'.
>>
>>I'd prefer to use MAP and learn (and adapt) the VE function using
closed
>>loop A/F control if I didn't need EGR (and lots of it - I'm working
on a
>>DISC engine project).
>
>        [ snip ]
>
>>Andrew Rabbitt
>
>I think tha's what I've been trying to say .... thanks.  Now, when
>you say 'closed loop A/F' do you mean EGO?  And how would you 'learn'
>off-stoich conditions (esp. power / rich  and economy / lean), since
>the EGO feedback isn't really 'calibrated' at that point (I've assumed
>that it would still give useful, if not perfect, data).
>

>Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>

I have been following the discussion on closed/open loop A/F and O2
sensor readings with great interest. I understand that the O2 sensor
reads the oxygen content of the combustion products and outputs a
voltage. But us California folks have this horrible pump that forces
air into the headers to cut emissions, so how can the O2 sensor give an
accurate reading??. Any comments anyone.

Neil Powell <Neilaura at ix.netcom.com>