MAF response curve

Todd King Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com
Fri Nov 22 18:59:45 GMT 1996

  <<<   From: "Scot A. Sealander" <Sealand at clarityconnect.com>
  Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:39:59 -0800
  Subject: Re: Air Flow Measurement
  under control. I have never plotted the Raw MAF to gps tables to see what
  the actual curve looks like. It is very obvious that it is not linear.
  Maybe when I get some time.....

        I did some plotting a while back of some of the MAF freq output vs ECM
  gps output I collected in the Buick. It was a second or third order looking
  curve; best curve fit I got was a third order but it was a crude pencil and
  paper effort. The MAF sensor output was 30'ish Hz to about 144Hz; but as the
  freq got close to 144 Hz the slope of the plot really went towards vertical in
  a hurry. As a result a tiny change in MAF frequency produced a big change in
  ECM output in the upper ranges so I would question the absolute accuracy here.
  Appears to work OK in practice though.
        For the person that asked- ALDL is a GM term for Assembly Line
  Diagnostic Link. This is the access port for ECM data, ie plug in your
  scantool there.

  Todd  Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com