Subaru Fault Codes

Doug Robson doug at cia.com.au
Sun Nov 24 21:58:49 GMT 1996

John Firkins wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Does anyone have any idea on where to find out about the fault codes from a
> Subaru B2 cpu?
> It was originally fitted to a quad cam EJ20 motor & was working well in my
> Kombi until this morning. Now the ignition is momemtarily cut at revs above
> 4k & the led on the cpu is flashing
> 3 long,3 short,1long,2 short.
>
> TIA
>
> John Firkins

I have a friend who works for subaru
he says whilst they dont use the B2 computer in Oz the fault codes are
the same for all subarus
we use comptuers designated
63
d5
g1
u1

1 long, 2 short = 12 is starter switch, usually caused in autos by
turning the ignition switch on/off real quick and the autoi computer
doesnt get up quick enough so the main ecu blames the starter switch.
This is 99% of the time crap so ignore

3 long 3 short = 33 is speed sensor from gearbox for speedo.

you need the foolowing sensors to make it go .Crank angle, Cam angle,
Tps or air flow
if you disconnect tps or air flow the computer will let the other take
over so you can eliminate tps or a/f meter as cause by unplugging.

He says if you have ignition coils on the plugs then look at the boot
between the plug and coil.The coils are usually ok but ANY!!!!!!  split
or weather in the boot will be a problem. New Zealand have problems with
their coils.

I also suggest you put on a proper scope and let it run at say 3000 for
a minutes and get the mechanic to look at the graph even if it sounds ok
the graph will get abit spikey

hope it helps

regards

|===============================================================|
|			When I die, 				|
|         I want to go in my sleep, like my grandfather, 	|
|          not screaming like the passengers in his car. 	|
|  	Doug Robson     (H)	   mailto:doug at cia.com.au	|
|			(W)	   mailto:Doug.Robson at chase.com	|
|    Sydney, Australia		 http://www.cia.com.au/doug	|
|    Club Car Racing Register of NSW	    |	Thank God	|
|  1992/93 Under 2 litre State Champion	    |	   for		|
| 	http://www.clubcars.org.au	    |	Gravity		|