Air flow measurement

tom cloud cloud at hagar.ph.utexas.edu
Mon Nov 25 14:50:02 GMT 1996

>To Tom Cloud (and everybody else):
>
>I want to put up another aspect of using TPS and delta P and IAT for
>flow measurement.  As the gentelman from Orbital (forgive me for not
>remembering your name, but I erased all my message files...) pointed
>out, air flow reversion causes an error in MAF systems.  Wouldn't these
>same dynamic flow characteristics cause an error with the TPS method
>(especially at WOT)?

As I understand it, we're talkig about using feedback from EGO,
for A:F, and the TPS/delta-P/IAT group of data for mass air input.
The system would be tuned by 'seat of the pants' for most of us, and
by dynos, et al, for the priviledged few what has 'em.  So, I view
this as a system that is, for the most part, pre-programmed (a la
speed density), with 'corrections' being made by the feedback
functions.  So, WOT would be 'tuned', and then differing operating
conditions, hopefully, would be handled by looking at those same
feedback functions.  It that's the case, then neither reversion
nor motion sickness should cause any serious grief.  Am I wrong here?

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>