SFI to MPFI Conversion

Robert E. Yorke yorker at deltanet.com
Mon Nov 25 19:01:31 GMT 1996

Roger:

One of the members of Fieros West (Out here in Calif) has successfully
installed a 3.4L into his Fiero.  His name is Chris West.  I'd recommend
you giving him a call for info/advice.  Here're his phone numbers:

        Work: (310)306-3780 Best no., he runs a sophisticated machine shop
        Home: (310)306-2831

You'll probably have to use the 3.4L engine's ECM unless you know how to
reprogram the Fiero's EPROM correctly...

Incidently, have you had a chance to decipher the Fiero ECM (They're C3
ECMs) coding?  If you think you can do it, please contact me.  A number of
people in Fiero clubs across the country would like very much to have this
kind of information!

At 06:34 PM 11/24/96 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi group,
>
>I'm a microprocessor engineer who works on cars, very happy to find this
>list. I searched the archives but couldn't find any info on my project.
>
>I'm putting a 3.4l engine in my Fiero in place of the 2.8l one. I have the
>fuel injectors, with GM part number, 17103007, but don't know the flow rate,
>any way to find out? The 3.4 used SFI and the Fiero is MPFI, would the 3.4l
>injectors work in the Fiero?, (one pulse every two rotations verses one
>pulse every rotation). I'm wondering about differences in pulse width.
>
>Thanks.

Riverside, CA
2 '88 GTs!