"hybrid" efi

Mark Eidson mark.eidson at tempe.vlsi.com
Mon Nov 25 22:10:32 GMT 1996

I have a Holley 4 barrel DFI unit rated at 700 CFM.  This is on a 300HP 302.
I have to run the unit with a duration offset of 5, in a range of 0-100.
This is the ammount added to the load/RPM fuel map and various other
compensations to get the final fuel amount.  My son has a 383 small block
chevy, about 400HP, and he uses a 650 CFM carb.  670 CFM should be OK.  me

 At 01:52 PM 11/25/96 -0600, you wrote:
>I've just had an inspiration .... a revelation.  I'm fixing to put a
>new motor in my Bronco, looking at lots of options.  I now have the
>Holley Projection 2-bbl 670 cfm.  If I put in a larger or higher
>performance motor, I'll need more cfm's.
>
>Does anyone have any thoughts on my getting the ford oem intake,
>fuel rails and injectors and using the Holley controller to bank
>fire them?  I think the Holley now fires both injectors in its TB
>at the same time.  I could use a flip-flop to cause alternate firing.
>Would have to build a driver -- doesn't seem too hard.  I'd rather
>use the oem intake than have to purchase a larger TB from Holley.
>

>Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>

* Mark Eidson                        Voice: (602)752-6513                 *
* Staff Design Engineer                Fax: (602)752-6000                 *
* Manager System Integration and                                          *
*   Verification                    E-Mail:  mark.eidson at tempe.vlsi.com   *
* VLSI Technology, Inc.                                                   *
* 8375 South River Parkway                                                *
* M/S 265                                                                 *
* Tempe, Arizona     85284                                                *