Schematic of a GM ALDL -> PC converter

Darrell Norquay dnorquay at iul-ccs.com
Thu Nov 28 05:36:37 GMT 1996

Steve Ravet wrote:

>The Diacom software uses the parallel port to watch the serial data pin of
>the ALDL.  It implements a UART in software.  It does have timing problems,

Seems to me these guys are going about this all wrong.  The 68HC11 has a mode
where it's serial port talks at 8192 baud.  I'm pretty sure GM EMU's are
68HC11 based, thus the oddball baud rate.  In the words of the prophets, you
need a lawyer to talk to a lawyer.  It would be a simple matter to setup a
small 'HC11 module to either log the data, display it, or both.  You could
add a second UART to the 'HC11 and just use it as a buffered baud rate
converter to talk to a laptop.

regards
dn
dnorquay at iul-ccs.com