ALDL converter

Robert J. Korn korn at chappy.com
Fri Nov 29 23:50:36 GMT 1996

--------------50352AE89A5

Here is a simple interface to convert logic level to rs232. It assumes
the
I/O pin is bidirectional. If you dont want that just remove the
inverter.

This is used in some of my projects and seems to be the simplest
interface
to the aldl. You need Regulated +5v or you'll fry the ecm. Tweak the com
port
for 8228 buad and it should allow logging the data......

Look feasible ?   As Always, proceed at your own risk.........

--------------50352AE89A5

              +-------------+  +
  +-----------|1          16|---+---o +5V (VCC)
 +|          +|             |  ===
 === +5V o-||-|2  MAX232  15|---+---o GND (card & RS-232)
  |           |             |
  +-----------|3          14|
           +  |             |        o +5V
     +---||---|4          13|        |
     |        |             |        \
     GND o-||-|6          11|        /
                                          74LS07

       (also connect to 74LS07, pin 7=GND, pin 14=VCC)