A newby

peter paul fenske pfenske at direct.ca
Sat Nov 30 01:37:14 GMT 1996

At 02:55 PM 11/29/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello folks,
>

>I'm wanting to put fuel injection (probably a GM 2.5L TBI unit) on
>my 4cyl. 22R toyota motor. But you guys are WAY out of my league,
>I understand the terms you guys are tossing around but wouldn't
>know where to begin building my own setup like you guys have.
>
>I've researched the 2.5L TBI unit in question and decided it is
>a good candidate for my project but am unsure about most everything,
>but am really unsure what to do about the signal that would come from
>the GM dist. ?? I *think* all the sensors used with the 2.5L engine
>are easily adaptable to my engine besides the dist. firing signal ????

Hi Jack.

Just pulled a 2.5L outa my brothers S10 so am somewhat familiar.

You need the 165 ecm along with a calpak for a 2.5L auto or stick whatever.

Use a HEI module from a large cap ECM controlled distributer and hook
your magnetic trigger to the input. The ECM interfaces to one plug and
the Coil hooks up the the other. I believe some of the later 22r use
a magnetic trigger.

The ECM uses a coolant temp sensor, a manifold air temp sensor and a MAP sensor
all easy add ons along with the TPS and IAC on the TBI.

Anyways sounds easy. Never does turn out that way. Took us a month
to do the one week S10 L98 swap.

GL: peter