Combustion chamber & twin plugs

Kalle Pihlajasaari kalle at device.data.co.za
Wed Oct 2 04:29:27 GMT 1996

Hi Robert,

> > In the past twin points twin coil and large distributor with
> > 8 out and 2 in.
> >
> > These days I'm not sure but could be the same but have not looked
> > at any new Alfas, too much plastic.
>
> Thanks for the info Kalle.
>
> What I'm trying to do is somehow make the Bosch CDI unit on my bike
> fire 4 plugs instead of two.  And I don't have the money to buy a
> second CDI unit;)

The old 1945 vintage Harley Davidsons had a wasted spart system
using a coil with 2 plug wires for the two cylinders and no
distributor.  Might you not somehow make use of such a twin
coil or perhaps two of them and just get the thing to spark
all four at the same time.

Cheers
Kalle Pihlajasaari     kalle at data.co.za
Interface Products     Box 15775, Doornfontein, 2028, South Africa
+27 (11) 402-7750      Fax: +27 (11) 402-7751