A thought...

Dirk Wright wright at uspto.gov
Wed Oct 2 12:16:56 GMT 1996

On Tue, 1 Oct 1996, Roger Heflin wrote:
> be pretty easy), then just scan all required sensors (including the
> clock) every pass and make the decisions based on that.

The patents that I've seen for controlling automatic transmissions
sometimes sow controllers that scan the input sensors, do a few simple
calculations, then apply the results to a look-up table, then output to
the controlled element, such as a motor or solenoid. The look-up table
ios in ROM, which is what you buy when you get a hotrod "chip" for your
modern car. The table in ROM is usualy multi-dimensioned, with the values
inthe tale representing a duty cycle for solenoid, for example. I hope
I'm not boring anyone with this.....

Dirk Wright 					            wright at uspto.gov
"I speak for myself and not my employer."               1974 Porsche 914 2.0
"A real hifi glows in the dark and has horns."            1965 Goodman House