A thought...

Thor Johnson johnsont at falcon.mercer.edu
Thu Oct 3 00:00:13 GMT 1996

On Wed, 2 Oct 1996, Ron Madurski wrote:

> :
> :  For our FSAE car, I'm leaning towards a similar thing - an 80186
> :evaluation board.  But it's still nowhere near a pc (4"x4", no 12V reqs).
>
> I've got a 386 MB at the house that is about that size.  I pulled it out
> to do an upgrade on a machine.   I'm not entirely certain but I think it
> is a Packard Bell MB.

  The nice thing about the EVB is that it has Sram, flash onboard.  The
80816EM (AMD), build in a PWM time, an interrupt controll, address
decoders, digital IO, and serial ports.  Thinking about just stringing it
to a couple of NatSemi's uP compatible A/D converters... and going from
there.  The biggest problem is that I want to be able to use a standard
compiler (say Watcom C) for the thing.  Anyone care to lend a hand with
how to get an Exe into a chip (and have it run ;)?

                Thor Johnson
       johnsont at falcon.mercer.peachnet.edu
   http://falcon.mercer.peachnet.edu/~johnsont

         Have you seen the WarpMap lately?