PC Based Injection computer- Caution!

Thor Johnson johnsont at falcon.mercer.edu
Thu Oct 3 20:34:50 GMT 1996

Actually, I remembered something (never happened before... strange)-
  on anything later than an XT, the bios is REQUIRED if you want to use
the cardslots (because the AT bus still runs at 8 MHZ, and the Chipset
handles the slots/????) mapping.  We tried a homebrew setup on a 12 MHZ
286, and got nowhere... moved it to a 8088, & it worked.

Note however, the BIOS is designed to look for additonal ROMs to execute
(like on the VGA card).  I don't know which adresses, but if you put your
program there, the bios will have setup the bus, and then pass control to
you.  Whether or not you give it back is your decision ;)

                Thor Johnson
       johnsont at falcon.mercer.peachnet.edu
   http://falcon.mercer.peachnet.edu/~johnsont

         Have you seen the WarpMap lately?