drive-by-wire

SRavet at bangate.compaq.com SRavet at bangate.compaq.com
Fri Oct 4 15:15:33 GMT 1996

Markus Strobl <eusmsrt at exu.ericsson.se> Wrote:

| > >Are you talking about a drive by wire system?  The new corvette LS-1
| > >engine will have that in '97.
| >
| > Does anyone know anything about this drive-by-wire throttle body?
|
| Is it a physical wire or just how will it be implemented? The stuff I've
| read about the LS1 just mentions it's 'electronic'.

The only connection between your heavy foot and the throttle is by a wire.
There is an electronic actuator on the throttle body which is controlled by
the computer.

| > Who
| > will supply it?
|
| Probably Delco.

One interesting aspect where LS1 departs from the Small-Block is that the
whole induction system, intake manifold, throttle body,
injectors, fuel rails and wiring, is assembled by an outside supplier,
shipped to the engine plant as one piece and simply bolted in
place.

| > Is is a single throttle setup or one per bank or
| > something else?
|
| The LS1 has a single throttle body. It's huge.
|

| -------
|
| Markus '96 Z28 w/ mods. Proof that OBDII is not the end of performance.

Steve Ravet
sravet at bangate.compaq.com
Baby you're a genius when it comes to cooking up some chili sauce...